On the foothills of Africa’s second highest mountain sits Naro Moru River Lodge, a rustic yet alluring mountain lodge nestled in the heart of wooded forest. Recognized as the primary base for climbing Mt. Kenya, this fine lodge is only a 2 ½ hrs drive from Nairobi City, between Nyeri and Nanyuki towns.
In order to help you conquer the Mighty Mountain which is a prime spot for Mountain Hiking and Nature Hiking, we have tailored our safaris to cover broad spectrum of designed itineraries to catch a glimpse of the summit. Our trips include trekking and hiking as we spend time acclimatizing in this spectacular forest exploring the fascinating scenery.
Some of Our Packages include:
- A day trek to Ol’Odonyo El’Satima
- A Three day foot Safari to Mt. Kenya
- Four Day foot Safari to Kenya
- Five day Circumnavigation of Mt. Kenya
- Five Day Sirimon Trek/ Chogoria
- Five day/Four Overnights in Sirimon out Chogoria or Vice Versa
- Six Best of Mt. Kenya
- Seven days Chogoria Traverse/Six Overnights
- Seven day Timau Trek
- Seven day – The Land Contrasts
- Rock Climbing on Mt. Kenya- Batian (Nelion/Batian peak/ Nelion peak)
The youngest climber to climb Mount Kenya from the Naro Moru River Lodge climbing base was a 6 year old boy from the Royal Family in Saudi Arabia in 2008 and the oldest climber was an 80 year old Asian man. We are careful to assign only professional guides who can manage different groups and mountain climbing parties with ease, all year round.